Help bring children in Nepal brighter futures by taking on a Fundraising Challenge today!
Raising funds for SCAI not only allows us to focus our time and resources on our project work in Nepal, it will bring a great deal of satisfaction to you, when you see the funds you raised start to change lives. Whether your interest lies in physical activity, music, art, cooking or socialising, you can make a difference.
- Take on an Extreme Physical Challenge
- Participate in an existing event
- Create your own event or occasion
To get started is as easy as ek, dui, tin or 1,2,3!
- Decide on your fundraising challenge – some ideas below!
- Set up a funding page – we suggest “Crowdraiser” through www.givenow.com.au as it has the lowest fees we could find (3.8%), or simply donate directly to SCAI, which incurs no fees.
- Share your page to your social networks asking them to support your quest and watch the support grow!
How we can help
- Provide you with SCAI merchandise to help you look the part on the day and in the lead up to your event
- Provide information about the cause (and help set up your fundraising page if needed)
- Promote your challenge on our website and social media
- Acknowledge your awesome efforts in our newsletters, website and social media and add you to our list of awesome changemakers!
*All donations $2 and over are tax deductible in Australia
A Physical Challenge
Are you planning to run a marathon, climb one of the world’s highest peaks, swim across some rough waters, cycle from city to city or country to country, hike the Kokoda Trail, or take part in any extreme sports events or any other physical challenges?
If so, why not ask friends to support one of SCAI’s projects in support of your efforts!
Here are a few marathons to get that mind running!
- Sydney Running Festival, Sep 15 2019
- Berlin Marathon, Sep 29 2019
- Melbourne Marathon, Oct 13 2019
- Amsterdam Marathon, Oct 20 2019
- New York City Marathon, Nov 3, 2019
- Dubai Marathon, Jan 4 2020
- Paris Marathon, Apr 5 2020
- London Marathon, Apr 26 2020
- LA Marathon, Mar 8 2020
Some of these have half marathons and shorter distance runs for various age groups and abilities.
Participate in an existing event
If you haven’t got a specific event in mind, here are some events that you may like to participate in. We’ve just listed a few but there are many more you can choose from.
The Colour Run – The international fun run of all fun runs!
- The Colour Run, Gold Coast Aug 11, Perth Oct 20, Sydney Nov 10, Melbourne Nov 24
The happiest and most colourful 5k on the planet. Held in over 35 countries worldwide, and various cities in each country, it’s a great one for the family.
We love this one as it reflects what SCAI is all about – love! And the colourful aspect is also close to our heart in Nepal, where we celebrate Holi Festival.
Fun Runs around Australia
- City2Surf Sydney, Aug 11 2019
- City to Surf Perth, Aug 25 2019
- Bridge to Brisbane, Aug 25 2019
- Sydney Running Festival, Sep 15 2019
- City Bay Fun Run Adelaide, Sep 15 2019
- City2Sea Melbourne
Create your own event or occasion
- If you are musically talented, why not put on a concert?
- If you love cooking, why not host a dinner party, and ask friends to donate what they would normally spend on a night out?
- Or grab some takeaway, cook at home with friends, or have a video or games night, and ask them to donate what you would have spent on a night out.
- Organise a trivia night or bingo at your local pub – you may find a bar willing to provide you with free snacks on a Monday night in exchange for you bringing guests that would not otherwise be there on a Monday.
- Organise a casual day or social night at your workplace if they don’t have one, and ask staff for a gold donation for the privilege.
- Ask your company to match your donation dollar for dollar.
- Get rid of some of your unwanted clutter and gather some friends and hold a garage sale.
- Gather some donated goodies and organise a raffle.
There are so many fun ways to raise funds, so have a brainstorm or search one of the many websites that provide hundreds of ideas, and let us know how we can help! Contact email@example.com.